One time in which I failed was early in this semester. I am new to the UF online degree program so I was still learning how everything worked. I was not familiar with ProctorU and failed to register in time for one of my exams. Thankfully, there is an opportunity to take an end of course exam that will replace the 0 I received on that one.
My main takeaway from this failure was to be more careful in reading instructions. It is so important to learn and understand all details of a situation before believing that you know it already.
Although failure is often times tough, I do believe that a lot of good comes out of failure. There are a lot of lessons that I have personally learned stemming from failure. I generally get upset when I fail, but upon reflecting I try my best to take it as a lesson. My favorite quote is as follows: "Never a loss. Always a lesson." This class has further advanced my beliefs on failure. This class has taught me that with proper planning, taking a calculated risk is a good thing. If you look at failure as a positive rather than a negative, you are far more likely to take educated risks and achieve your dreams.
Hi Jacob,
ReplyDeleteFailure is always frustrating and hard to deal with sometimes. The quote about failure was inspiring. Being able to restructure failure into a productive process is extremely powerful and can combat the frustrating aspect of failure. I agree that taking calculated and "good" risks are necessary in order to move forward in ventures and in life. Many times, however, I take dumb risks that end up doing more harm than good.
Hey Jacob,
ReplyDeleteI totally know what you mean in your reflection about failure. I also can get really discouraged at times, especially when it comes to academics, but your quote makes a lot of sense. Failure is a great thing to look at as a lesson! I believe your quote has clearly had a positive impact on you and how you view your challenges, which will really come in handy in the future. Great post!