Due to the current circumstances, I did not interview customers for this assignment.
For me, I believe what makes the most sense for my venture in terms of growing in my existing market is staying the technology route. I believe there are many opportunities that technology presents that could be super beneficial to restaurant owners. Retaining customers is the key for all restaurant owners and utilizing technology to enhance the customer experience could be key.
One such area of expansion within my existing market could be implementing tablets for servers to use as well. For instance, most servers write down a customers order and then plug it into a computer to send to the kitchen. However, this is time consuming. If a server had their own device in which they could copy down the customers order on a tablet and then immediately send to kitchen, it might make for quicker service.
As far as new markets are concerned, I could potentially target investors looking to create a brand new concept rather than an existing restaurant owner themselves. For instance, I could approach an investor looking to open a hands off restaurant. Customers would come in and order via a tablet, and someone would bring their food to them. This would eliminate the need for excessive payroll and would be the first ever of this concept.
This new market would be more for a creative thinker looking to take a risk on something that has never been introduced before. I believe that this presents an opportunity to a radically different type of consumer. Restaurant owners typically go the conventional route, however this opportunity would require someone with an open-mind eager to try something new.
No comments:
Post a Comment