Friday, February 7, 2020

8A – Solving The Problem

The problem I have identified in preceding exercises includes customers who dine out at restaurants and their unmet need for quick and immediate service. My original solution competed for a fully technology-based restaurant, that implemented technological devices on each table in which customers could order drinks and food as soon as they sat down. However, throughout my interviews in the previous exercise, I came to the conclusion that the best solution to this problem would be to implement the technology devices as I stated, but also keep servers to still make customers feel at home. Also, servers would be there to attend to customers who may not be as technologically savvy, so all participants would benefit.  

My target customer would be restaurants and the product I could sell would be a fully functional tablet that would allow for customers to order food and drinks as they please. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jacob, I believe your improved solution following the interviews would be extremely valuable to restaurants and customers who want expedient service. Finding the right balance between human and technology and identifying restaurants that are willing to implement more technology is going to be a challenge. Starting off in smaller non-chain restaurants to test your solution would give you important feedback and experience to propel you into larger restaurant chains.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jacob,
    I think the mix of service and technology is a good solution to this. I actually provided a little idea under assignment 7 that you might find useful for this. This reminds me a lot of the stuff I've seen at like applebees or something sometimes, where you can order food right at the table on the ipad. I think these only work once a server comes to your table and does like a check in type thing on it. So I'm wondering how your concept would differ from this

    ReplyDelete