Friday, February 21, 2020

11A - Idea Napkin No. 1


About Me

I am currently a junior in the UF online degree program, majoring in business administration. I am very business-minded, with skills in technology and math. I am currently a manager at a local restaurant. My aspirations are to get technology into all casual restaurants. Technology is bigger than ever right now and has the potential to positively impact the dining experience.



What am I offering to customers?

Customers of my product would be in the restaurant sector and would see a positive impact in the service they are providing to their clients. Adding a technological device on each table and allowing for customers to order at their own leisure would prevent customers from leaving a dining experience unsatisfied.



Who am I offering it to?

Based on my interviews, I came to the conclusion that my customers are in the restaurant sector that offer a casual setting. Restaurants such as Ale House, Chili’s, Flannigan’s, and more would be my target group of customers. All of these restaurants offer a casual dining experience to their clients and could use some assistance in offering a quicker and more efficient service.



Why do they care?

Customers of my product would see value as it would assist them in offering the most for their clients. The number one goal of restaurants is customer retention and offering my product in their setting would allow for an optimal dining experience, sure to bring customers back!



What are my core competencies?

My product differentiates from everyone else's as it offers an all-in-one experience. For instance, customers can place not only dessert orders, but also food and beverage orders right from their table. Imagine how convenient it would be to order at your own pace. It would essentially be like putting a POS computer system at every table.



I believe that these elements fit together. In my experiences, the number one priority of restaurants is customer satisfaction and retention. The goal of restaurants is to keep customers happy so they will be more likely to return. One of the biggest issue’s restaurants face today is attending to impatient customers immediately. Thus, customers get upset and often times never return for business. My product would eliminate these hardships and ensure that customers always are always attended to.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Jacob, Great post. I liked each of your five elements especially your "Who am I offering it to?". You identified your market segment and restaurants that fit within that segment: casual dining. All your business concept elements fit well with each other and there was no extraneous information. With your background and competencies, I am sure your concept will rise to satisfy the need and thrive.

    ReplyDelete