My Entrepreneurship Story
My interest and passion for entrepreneurship began at a very young age. When I was about 14 years old, my mom loaned me $220 to buy a pair of limited edition sneakers. I received the sneakers in the mail and quickly sold them for a profit. I went on to use the money I had made from this transaction to fund future purchasing, continuously buying and selling more and more limited edition sneakers. About one year after I had started, my friend at the time who was also involved in buying and reselling limited edition sneakers partnered with me and we created a website and social media pages. We would spend hours at the mall each day waiting for stores such as Foot Locker and Champs to release highly coveted sneakers so we could be the first purchasers and put them up for sale on our website. We would also attend local sneaker conventions, where we would set up a table with all of our sneakers for sale and interested buyers would line up to purchase them. At age 15, we had gained over 6,000 followers on instagram and a loyal customer base. We turned our passion into a business and have carried that over into other businesses that we both run today.
I enrolled in ENT 3003 because of my passion for entrepreneurship. I have always been very intrigued by finding opportunities and meeting unmet customer needs and demands. I also believe that this class will expose me to other perspectives involving entrepreneurship, which I am always interested in learning about.

Hi Jacob. Your story was very inspiring and respect your hustle. In high school, I had a few friends who would sell sneakers, but none of them came close to having the following or success that you experienced. I think a major part of entrepreneurship is just pure dedication. Having experienced entrepreneurship from an early age really gives you an advantage over most entrepreneurs your age. Nice post.
ReplyDeleteHi Jacob,
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome that you found something that you like to do and can make money from it! And at such a young age too! Are you still running this business? I've always wanted to find something that I'm good at and can make money from!
Hey Jacob,
ReplyDeleteI really liked your entrepreneurship story. I too sold some limited edition items, although mine were rare silly bands in middle school. The sneaker thing is really cool, and I have some friends that do something similar but don't have anywhere near the amount of followers you do. I actually love sneakers and have a collection that covers an entire wall, so I know exactly what you mean about waiting in lines and stuff for rare ones to drop cause I have done that a few times.